Dinner, Learning, Drinks, Live Music!
7:30 PM Dinner
8:00 PM Choose your own adventure! Talks, Discussions (see below)
9:25 PM Open mic music, food and drinks
"The Mask: Deeper Insights into Purim" w Rabbi Mati Miller
Over the next few weeks we’ll be delving into the deeper meaning behind the holiday of Purim.
- Why do we dress up in costume?
- Why do we drink and feast?
- Why is this holiday so special?
"Making Mistakes and Staying Happy" w Rabbi Carter Schwartz
- Is there any place for “Jewish Guilt” in genuine Jewish philosophy?
- If regret and happiness are both such praiseworthy feelings in Judaism and are intended to coexist, how can one maintain this psychological balance?
- The sages say that the righteous person falls seven times and gets up… Why must there be a fall? Can’t a person be righteous without having to experience the fall? How does this apply to various aspects of our lives and relationships?
"Marriage: a Straight Forward and Honest Discussion" w Rabbi JP Katz
If so many fail, why should we still get married?
- Why marriage?
- What is the purpose?
- How is the Torah perspective unique?
Join Rabbi Katz in an honest discussion about marriage at JPULSE.